This weeks recipe spotlight is Cinnamon Swirl Cheesecake. I’ve tested many vegan cheesecakes and came really close to the dairy form, but this is it! The flavoring and everything is just perfect! It is decadent!!! It’s probably not the best option when it comes to staying healthy, but it’s nice to know that I have an option when I get those cravings for cheesecake 🙂
- 17 rectangles of graham crackers
- 3 Tbsp raw sugar
- 5 Tbsp vegan margarine, melted
- 1 Tbsp butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease the sides and bottom of a springform pan. Line bottom with wax paper.
- Prepare crust by melting margarine. Mix in butter flavoring and set aside.
- Place graham crackers in a food processor and grind very fine. Add sugar and process for about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker and butter mixtures until well incorporated. Press mixture to the bottom of the spring form pan and set aside.
- Prepare batter by blending 1 package of cream cheese with 1/3 cup of the sugar and cornstarch on low for 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add remaining cream cheese, one package at at time. Scrape sides of bowl in between.
- Combine remaining sugar with lemon zest. Increase speed to medium and add the lemon sugar to the cream cheese mixture. Add vanilla and scrape sides. Set aside.
- In food processor/blender combine tofu and almond milk until smooth. Mix in tofu mixture into the batter on medium speed. Add in the sour cream and mix well. Scrape sides again.
- Reserve 3/8 C batter for swirl mixture. Pour remaining batter into prepared pan over the crust. Set aside.
- For swirl mixture take reserved batter, brown sugar, and cinnamin and combine. Mix well. Scoop tablespoons full of cinnamon mixture onto top of cheesecake. Gently press down with spoon. Use a knife tip to swirl the cinnamon. (Be sure NOT to over-swirl).
- Bake for 75 minutes. Allow to cool for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 more hours. Garnish with chopped pecans and brown rice syrup (totally optional) then serve.